The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Airline flight reconfirmations & more

It’s 5:00am and I’m at the airport ready for an early morning flight. Problem is that my flight’s cancelled and I need to play the rebooking game at the airport.

Yes, shame on me as I should known better and should have taken the steps to prevent this problem and rebook myself.

A few simple steps could have prevented this early morning headache. The airline only had my home telephone number and in their defense they called about 10 hours prior to scheduled departure time. Had I provided my cell phone we could have connected and worked on alternative flight reservations.

And had I followed the basic rule of flight reconfirmation I would have discovered the issues prior to departing to the airport.

So provide as many contacts to suppliers as possible-home, business, cell phones, fax numbers even numbers where you will be at on the road.

In the event of any irregularities your travel suppliers will be able to contact you and possibly prevent any travel problems.