The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Travel & on line social networking

Social networking has become a part of Americans’ everyday life. Websites including Myspace.com, Facebook.com, YouTube.com and Meetup.com have attracted hundreds of millions of passionate members to their communities.

I have not really ventured into this area but my understanding is that is huge and extremely popular. So the Travel Professor is going to do some investigating and will keep you posted on my discoveries.

The recent launch of Travelstar.com a social networking site for passionate leisure travelers has tweaked my interest.

According to their press release Travelstar.com is a brand new online social network that combines the most popular social networking features enabling users to share vacation photos, read and write reviews, interact in traveler forums and blog about their travel adventures.

I guess that I’ll just have to check it out.