The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Desk lamps & Fairfield Inns by Marriott

I am not a brand snob when it comes to hotels. For my lodging needs I often look at price, location then the brand (so I can accumulate frequent quest or airline miles).

Last weekend I believe it was the 1st time that I had stayed at a Fairfield Inn by Marriott property. Pretty much your basic hotel, clean & comfortable, but I was awed by the desk lamp.

Many places offer you a desk/work station but this was the first time that I can recall that the desk lamp having an electrical outlet into which I could plug the charger for my laptop.

Great feature!

No crawling under the table or moving the credenza in an attempt to locate a power source.

Way to go Fairfield Inn!