The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, July 18, 2011



I’ve started taking notes on some the questions and comments that I’ve heard asked on cruise ships. I don’t want to call them stupid questions but I’ll let you be the judge.


Here are a few from my most recent voyage on NCL’s Pride of America 7 day Hawaii cruise.


BTW this is the relaxed way to see the islands. I’ve done the 13 day/12 night 4 islands by air & car tour tour but I loved the cruise otion. It’s the civilized way to travel. Unpack once & watch the islands sail by. No airport hassles, rental cars, hotel check ins & more.


Back to the questions:


• What time is the Midnight Buffet?
• Do these steps go up or down?
• How can I tell which pictures are ours?
• Does the ship generate its own electricity?
• Does the crew sleep on board?
• What interesting ones can you share?


Happy travels! Be kind to your travel agent & get out of town!