The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Georgia on my mind!



I received an invitation to participate in a study tour to Georgia. Not sure if I going but it’s a maybe! Anyone want to tag along??

As most professionals I’m tuned into groups like LinkedIn and other travel agent industry specific groups. I was shocked by the lack of geographic knowledge on the part of my peers. The bulk of the discussions focused on how far where the sites from Atlanta GA USA. These folks are not even on the right continent!
 
So I guess if you can’t teach become a travel agent! Then you’ll get paid to tell people where to go, right or wrong! As long as it’s Charleston if doesn’t matter if it is WV or SC!

We have classes at Ohio University Southern to help prepare you for the world!