The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Philadelphia Freedom

I just returned from a wonderful visit to Philadelphia the cradle of our nation’s creation If you haven’t visited the historic district of “Philly” I recommend that you add it to your must visit list. Plus there is a wealth of additional attractions in the city and the surrounding countryside.

It’s about a 9-10 drive from the river cities but as you travel through some wonderful landscape you will be tempted to jump off the highway and explore interesting attractions along the along the way. Intermediate stops offer Civil War history, the Pennsylvania Dutch, shopping, world class gardens, fine dining even Sesame Street Place.

In my next few posts I’ll share some of my explorations on this “Road to Revolution” journey, so check back often and see how my trip went.