The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My on-line travel assistant rubs it in

Yes the Internet has a sense of humor! An on-line travel planning tool that I use to track airfares rubbed it in over the weekend in an email message.

YAPTA.com (your amazing personal travel assistant) reminded me that the fare I was tracking between Columbus and Las Vegas NV had just increased $76.38. Ouch but I had already made the purchase so I was protected but this fare warning is a nice service. It alerts you with fare increases and decreases.

I’m hoping my amazing personal travel assistant will notify me when the price drops on these dates then I’ll ask the airline to credit me for the fare difference. That should be an interesting drill.