The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

On the road again to Ft Knox & Louisville KY

Just home from a research trip to Virginia’s Historic Triangle and the Civil War’s Peninsula Campaign I’m off again on a much shorter one. This time my journey takes me to Ft. Knox KY and the Patton Museum of Armor and Cavalry then on to the Louisville Slugger museum.

It’s not the it’s go go go in my house but I needed to an airport run and Louisville (SDF) was the least expensive one for a flight originating in Tucson AZ. I checked all of the surrounding airports-Huntington, Charleston, Columbus, Lexington, even Dayton. Louisville’s fares were about $100.00 lower that all the other cities.

It is 220 miles from my house to SDF as compared to the 120 mile to CMH or CVG but packaged with some sightseeing adventures I deemed it worth the trip.

Happy travels!