The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Entertainment book hotel discounts

I last commented on the savings offered by using frequent shopper cards both locally and when traveling. In a discount and savings state of mind I’ve decided to check out the hotel discounts offered by the Entertainment book. I had one of these books for years and saved plenty on their 2 for 1 dining offers but I’ve never really investigated their travel savings program.

For those of you not familiar with this publication it is a coupon savings book for a specific city or region. My current one basically covers the Huntington, Ironton and Ashland areas but also bleeds into national stores and companies. The books cost $20-25.00 and even if you just use it a few times when dining out you quickly recoup your investment. One year I closely tracked my usage and found that I had accumulated over $300.00 in savings. On a sad note I left and leave many dollars of coupons unused primarily because I sometime forget to look in the book. I’m going to make a more conscience effort to utilize the Entertainment coupons to the max this year.

The
Entertainment book has been around for nearly 50 years and has been helping people save with their premium 50% off and 2-for-1 coupons found in the book that help them save on everyday essentials right in their neighborhood. Savings included are dining, shopping, movie tickets, groceries, services, travel, attractions, car care and so forth. Plus with each book purchase you get online access to hundreds of additional local printable coupons and incredible online shopping discounts not found in the book.

I cannot comment on the on-line coupons because I haven’t looked at them but I will.

What I am really interested in is their hotel savings program. I’m definitely going to comparison shop the Entertainment travel discounts against other reservations sources. When this mission is completed I’ll report my findings and share with you the source of the best deals that I uncovered.

Happy travels.