The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Columbus Ohio’s new “Field of Dreams”

Taking advantage of the cooler temperatures I dropped the top and motored up to Huntington Park, new home of Columbus Ohio’s AAA baseball club the Clippers. The park is located in the downtown entertainment region referred to as the “Arena” district.

Appropriately named this downtown cluster is home to trendy restaurants, brew pubs, high energy dance clubs even a multiplex theater. It is also home to Nationwide Arena home of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Last Saturday evening while walking over to the stadium from my hotel I discovered a neighborhood very alive and buzzing with energy and activities. The outdoor dining patios were full with sounds of a street band filling the air.

From my hotel it was about a 5 minute walk to Huntington Park and I’ll share my impressions of the ballpark later.