The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dawn Patrol Road Trip to Dayton OH

Dawn patrol to me during college football practice meant we were early to run and run and run! 

As I boy I read volumes about the daring men and their flying machines in WW1 so I'm really looking forward to this event.  

This time it’s a term used in World War 1 aviation. It’s top down time, weather permitting, for a journey over to Dayton O-H-I-O!  

The plan is to catch one of the nation's premier historical aviation events will bring the excitement and adrenaline of early air power to Ohio from Sept. 23-25, 2011. The three-day World War I DawnPatrol Rendezvous features vintage original and reproduction WWI aircraft, radio-controlled models, era automobiles, period re-enactors and a collector's show. 

This flying event is offered every other year by the museum and the Great War Aeroplanes Association.

Happy travels!