The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Air fare maze

Jena from Salt Rock asks “Hey Travel Professor when I was surfing Travelocity.com for airfares I found a display that included the same airline –Continental –and the same fare $126.33 but there were four different lines to select from. And I can’t find that fare on my travel dates!!! What’s the difference?”

Jena this is a fairly simple one to answer. I looked at the data you’re provided and here’s the breakdown-the fares are based on the days of the week that you physically travel, how far in advance you buy your ticket and when you purchase your ticket.

Your travel dates fall outside the window of these specials fares so you have two options. Change your dates or pay the higher fare.

Thanks for the question & happy travels
.