The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Unexpected surprise & perk from Continental Airlines

In past posts I’ve mentioned using affinity credit cards to earn free travel. My credit cards are tied into my airline frequent traveler accounts and I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in with Continental for my last flight.

As most air travelers are aware you pay a fee to check your luggage. I had my charge card out and was ready to pay the baggage fee but because I had a Continental Airlines credit card I was entitled to check one free bag in each direction.

Zero extra fees to Vegas and zero on the return no complaints here. All things being equal-the fare and schedule-because of this perk Continental has just jumped to my number 1 preferred carrier.