The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Cereal Day!

Happy Cereal Day! March 7th 1897 marks the day when Dr. Kellogg created his “corn flakes”!

Unfortunately I missed my chance to visit “Cereal City” as it has shuttered its doors. But you can check out the cereal story here. Factory tours can be fun, enlightening and educational. Check back as they’re more to come on factory tours.

According to the federal government we’re still in non-inflationary period. I think they’re not telling the truth or at least interpreting the statistics differently than me. Have you priced a box of “Frosted Flakes” at the store recently?

I hope your day is a fun fortified one!