The Travel Professor
Join me on a journey across the broad spectrum of interesting travel topics. We’ll discuss destinations domestic and abroad, some familiar and some off the beaten path. We take a look at suppliers like cruise lines, air carriers and tour operators and find their bargains and special offerings. Got questions? Email thetravelprofessor@gmail.com.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Earning airline miles witrh a golf course membership

I just received the invoice for my golf course dues and noticed that the invoices had been updated. The term credit had been added to the payment terms.

The thought of charging my dues to my airline affinity credit card and earning miles raced through my left handed mind. Performing a quick mental calculation I determined that I’d earn ¾ of a flight credit on Southwest or 1200 miles on either Continental or US Airways.

The next step is to log into my frequent traveler accounts review my balances and figure out where I need more miles. Maybe this purchase will push me across another threshold and earn another free ticket or upgrade.

Happy travels!